Dr Sumanth Bharadwaj H S is an Assistant Professor of Mathematics and a member of the Faculty of Mathematical and Physical Sciences, RUAS and has taught students of Science and Engineering streams at the undergraduate and master’s levels. He worked on implementing data assimilation algorithms as a Project Assistant at TIFR Centre for Applicable Mathematics. He then worked as a Lecturer at Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology for a semester and later did his doctoral studies at Bangalore University backed by a CSIR Research Fellowship. His research focuses mainly on discovering new patterns and formulas in the topics of Number Theory which have been influenced by Srinivasa Ramanujan. At present, he is engrossed in studying the computational aspects of Number Theory. While not teaching or doing research, he loves to read and hike in the mountains.
Ph. D. (Mathematics)
M. Sc. (Mathematics)
B. Sc. (Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics)
Total years of Experience
- Lecturer- NITTE Meenakshi Institute of Technology — Bangalore — 10 months. (March 2013 — December 2013)
- Assistant Professor, Department of Mathematics — M.S.Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences — Bangalore — 3 years. (August 2017 — till date)
Research and Industry
- Project Assistant — TIFR – Centre for Applicable Mathematics — 2 Years 9 Months. (November 2008 — July 2011)
- M. Sc: Abstract Algebra, Applied Analysis, Discrete Mathematics and Optimization Techniques, Mathematics for Chemists, Ordinary Differential Equations, Real Analysis
- B. Sc (Hons.): Calculus – I, Calculus — II, Introduction to Python
- B. Tech: Engineering Mathematics – I, II, III, IV
Number theory; Partition theory; q‑series; Congruences
Partition theory, congruences and q‑series
- Partition theory
- Congruences series
Congruences for certain partition functions and Ramanujan’s theta function identities.
Journal Publications : 6
B Hemanthkumar, HS Sumanth Bharadwaj, MS Mahadeva Naika (2019), Arithmetic Properties of 9‑Regular Partitions with Distinct Odd Parts, Journal of Acta Mathematica Vietnamica, Volume 44, issue 3, pp. 797 – 811, 2019.
HS Sumanth Bharadwaj, B Hemanthkumar, MS Mahadeva Naika (2018), On 3- and 9‑regular overpartitions modulo powers of 3, Journal of Colloquium Mathematicum, Volume 154, pp. 121 – 130, 2018.
B Hemanthkumar, HS Sumanth Bharadwaj, MS Mahadeva Naika (2017), Congruences Modulo Small Powers of 2 and 3 for Partitions into Odd Designated Summands, J. Integer Seq, Volume 20, issue 4, pp. 17.4.3, 2017.
Mahadeva Naika, HS Sumanth Bharadwaj (2016), Congruences modulo 2 for certain partition functions, Journal of Bulletin of the Australian Mathematical Society, Volume 93, issue 3, pp. 400 – 409, 2016.
MS Mahadeva Naika, B Hemanthkumar, HS Sumanth Bharadwaj (2016), Color Partition Identities Arising from Ramanujan’s Theta-Functions, Journal of Acta Mathematica Vietnamica, Volume 41, issue 4, pp. 633 – 660, 2016.
Md Nurujjaman, Sumanth Shivamurthy, Amit Apte, Tanu Singla, P Parmananda (2012), Effect of discrete time observations on synchronization in Chua model and applications to data assimilation, Chaos: An Interdisciplinary Journal of Nonlinear Science, Volume 22, issue 2, pp. 023125, 2012.
Journal Articles: 2
- B.Hemanthkumar, H.S.Sumanth Bharadwaj (2019), On eight colour partitions, arXiv.org > math > arXiv:1906.09892, 2019.
- S Chandankumar, HS Bharadwaj (2019), On a new parameter involving Ramanujan’s theta-functions, arXiv preprint arXiv:1908.09596, 2019.
- CSIR — Junior Research Fellowship, Dec 2013 to Dec 2015
- CSIR — Senior Research Fellowship, Jan 2016 to July 2017
Ramanujan Mathematical Society