Dr Sharanya Sabrish has been a Reader at the Department of Orthodontics under the Faculty of Dental Sciences, RUAS since 2015. Prior to that, she worked as a Senior Lecturer at the Department of Orthodontics, Vydehi Institute of Dental Sciences and Research Centre in Bangalore (2011 – 2015).
She completed her Bachelor’s degree in Dental Surgery at Government Dental College, Bangalore (2006) and her Master’s degree in Dental Surgery (Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopaedics) at Bapuji Dental College and Hospital, Davangere (2011).
UG- Bachelor of Dental Surgery
Govt Dental College, Bangalore, Rajiv Gandhi University of Applied Sciences
PG- Master of Dental Surgery, Orthodontics & Dentofacial
Orthopedics, Bapuji Dental College and Hospital, Davangere, Rajiv Gandhi University of Applied Sciences
Total years of experience
- Reader, Department of Orthodontics, Faculty of Dental Sciences,MS Ramaiaha University of Applied Sciences, Bangalore from 13thOct 2015 till date.
- Senior Lecturer , Department of Orthodontics, Vydehi Instituteof Dental Sciences and Research Centre, Whitefield, Bangalore from 1st Oct 2011 to 9th Oct 2015 (4 years and 8 days)
Orthodontics, esthetics, white spot lesions, implants
- A simple technique for the direct bonding of a lingual retainer: a clinical hint. Australian Orthodontic Journal 2014; 30: 240 – 242
- Light wire auxiliaries with pre-adjusted edgewise appliance to control individual incisor torque. APOS Trends in Orthodontics, January 2015, Vol 5, Issue 1, 38 – 43
- Intrusion of Supraerupted Second Molars with the Palatal Intrusion Fork. J ClinOrthod. 2015 Oct; 49(10):647 – 50.
- Surgically Assisted Orthodontics: Use of Piezocision in a case of Oligodontia to accelerate rate of tooth movement. International Journal of Orthodontics. 2016; 27(1) :67 – 72 5. Feasibility of yttria-stabilized zirconia retainers — Letter to editor, AJODO may 2017
- Orthodontic Displacement and Stress Assessment: A Finite Element Analysis. World J Dent 2017;8(5):407 – 412. 7. Assessment of Stress and Strain in Alveolar Bone during Upper Midline Diastema Closure using Finite Element Method. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research. 2018 Sep, Vol-12(9): ZC30-ZC33.
- Interdisciplinary Treatment with Atypical Extractions and Temporary Anchorage Devices in a Mutilated Adult Dentition with Impactions, Scissor Bite, and Multiple Missing Teeth. IJO 2018, Vol 29 (3);13 – 17
- Comparison of the influence of dental and facial aesthetics in determining overall attractiveness. International Orthodontics 10. The prevalence of malocclusion and orthodontic treatment need in Omani adolescent population. J OrthodontSci 2018;7:21
- Displacement and periodontal stress analysis on palatally impacted canine ‐ A finite element analysis. Indian J Dent Res 2019;30:788 – 93.
- A 3D Finite Element Analysis of Stress on Temporomandibular Joint Due to Maxillary Protraction Appliances with Varied Force Levels and Angulations. World J Dent 2020;11(2):128 – 133.
Gold medalist in UG and PG.