PhD from the Department of Management Studies, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore in the area of Revenue Management with special emphasis on the Airline Industry. Have a consolidated industrial experience of 6 years, 8 months and academic experience of 4 years. Have expertise in the areas of mathematical programming, planning and scheduling, project management, forecasting techniques, logistics and supply chain management and operations management techniques.
Currently working as Assistant Professor at the Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences in the Management Studies department of the Faculty of Management and Commerce
Indian Institute of Science
Indian Institute of Science
Presidency College, Calcutta University
Total No. Of Experience : 12+ Years
Assistant Professor, Faculty of Management & Commerce, Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences (RUAS) since July, 2016.
Systems Analyst, Applied Research Group, Satyam Computer Services Ltd from Nov 6, 2006 – May, 2008.
Engineer, Process, Uhde India Ltd. (UIL), from January 1, 2002 to February 18, 2004.
Process Engineer, Essar Oil Ltd. from December 16, 1998 to December 28, 2001.
Mathematical modeling for decision making, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Capacity allocation and scheduling, Application of machine learning in supply chain management and big data analytics
Capacity allocation and pricing of perishable inventory, mathematical modeling for scheduling burn-in ovens in the semi-conductor industry, scheduling and allocation of calls in call centers using Stochastic Petrinets, development of ML algorithm for classification of diseases
- Shireen Rosario and Chandra Sen Mazumdar, “Impact of competition and economic policy uncertainty on payout policy of the Indian Pharmaceutical industry”, Global Journal of Economics and Business, Vol 9 (3), 2020, pp. 660 – 668.
- Chandra Sen Mazumdar et. al., “Development of an Optimal Model for the Production of Amino Acids from Recycled Human Hair”, accepted for presentation at the International Conference on Emerging Trends in Operations and Analytics (ICETOA) 2020 organised by T A Pai Management Institute, Manipal, India in collaboration with Montpellier Business School, Montpellier, France, dates to be announced.
- Malabika P. and Chandra Sen Mazumdar, “A Study on Online Grocery Resource Utilization: Customers’ Perspective”, accepted as a competitive paper at the 04th International Conference on Marketing, Technology, and Society organised by Indian Institute of Management Kozhikode, Kerala, India, 7 – 9 Dec, 2020. Published in the Conference Proceedings (ISBN: 978−93−5419−748−2).
- Ashley Joseph and Chandra Sen Mazumdar, “A Model for Improving the Employability of Management Students in Indore (Madhya Pradesh): A TQM Perspective”, accepted for publication in International Journal of Research in Electronics and Computer Engineering, to appear.
- Chandra Sen Mazumdar and Akhila R, “Effective Inventory Management System for Blood Banks to Minimize Shortage and Wastage of Blood Components (Platelet and Red Blood Cells)”, 6th Biennial Supply Chain Management Conference, IIM, Bangalore, December 2018.
- Shireen Rosario and Chandra Sen Mazumdar, “An Empirical Study of the Impact of Economic Policy Uncertainty on the Payout Policy of Indian Pharmaceutical Industry”, 2nd International Conference on Advances in Business, Management and Law, Dubai (UAE), November 2018.
- Malabika P. and Chandra Sen Mazumdar, “Customer Resource Identification for Value Co-Creation in Online Healthcare Services”, 5th International Conference on Science, Technology and Management, Puri, Odisha, Sept., 2018.
- Prasad Rajendra Byakod , Chaya U., Pooja Kulgude, Abhishek Sharma, Priyanka Singh and Chandra Sen Mazumdar, “ A Study on Penetration of Digital Payment System in Selected Areas of Rural Karnataka”, UAS Journal of Management and Commerce , Vol. 4 (2), pp 18 – 21.
- Pooja Shankar Bhat and Chandra Sen Mazumdar, “Empirical Study on Problems Faced in Ecommerce Supply Chain Management and Logistics and its impact on Consumer Buying Behavior”, UAS Journal of Management and Commerce, Vol. 4 (1), pp 25 – 28.
- Malabika P. and Chandra Sen Mazumdar, “Model for Customer-Firm Resource Integration and its Consequences for E‑Commerce Based Co-Creation”, COSMAR 2017, IISc Bangalore, Sept, 2017.
- Chandra Sen Mazumdar and R. Parthasarathy, “Seat allocation and pricing in a Duopoly – a theoretical perspective”, 2014 POMS International Conference, Singapore, July 2014.
- Chandra Sen Mazumdar and R. Parthasarathy, “Seat Allocation and Pricing in a Duopoly in the Airline Industry”, International Journal of Revenue Management, Vol. 8 (1), pp 20 – 33, 2014.
- Chandra Sen Mazumdar and R. Partasarathy, “Seat Inventory Allocation under Competition in the Airline Industry”, 15th Annual International Conference of Society of Operations Management, IIM Kolkata, India, December 2011. Was awarded the Best Paper Presentation Award.
- Chandra Sen Mazumdar, M. Mathirajan, R. Gopinath and A.I. Sivakumar, “Tabu Search methods for scheduling a burn-in oven with non-identical job sizes and secondary resource constraints”, Int. J. Operational Research, 2008, Vol. 3, Nos. 1/2, pp.119 – 139. A shorter version in Proc. of Int. Conf. of OR Appl. In Infrastructure Development, Bangalore, India in Dec. 2005.
- Chandra Sen Mazumdar, N.R.Srinivasa Raghavan, “Novel Server Switching Policies for Load Balancing in Wafer Fabs”, Semiconductor Research Corporation (SRC) Student Symposium, North Carolina, USA in Oct. 2006.
- Chandra Sen Mazumdar, N.R. Srinivasa Raghavan, “Server-switching policy for call routing in a multi skill inbound call centre”, International Journal of Services Technology & Management, 2008, Vol. 9, No. 1, pp.14 – 32.
- Awarded the “Outstanding Professor of RUAS” by the Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences (RUAS) on the occasion of National Science Day, 2020.
- Excellent Paper Presentation Award at the Doctoral Consortium of the 15th Annual International Conference of Society of Operations Management, IIM Kolkata, India, December 2011.
- National Scholarship Certificate for B.Sc. (Chemistry Honors) at the University of Calcutta. Rank: 108
- Winner of Rajyapuraskar (Governor’s Guide) as a Girl Guide
Member of the Operational Research Society of India, Bangalore Chapter.
Member of the Operational Research