I have completed my bachelor’s degree from Nitte Meenakshi Institute of Technology, VTU and Master’s Degree from Glasgow Caledonian University in 2008. I have been working in the Ramaiah Group of Institutions from late 2009; starting in the Ramaiah School of Advanced Studies and joining RUAS at its inception in 2013 – 14. At various times, I have held administrative positions in International Collaborations and Partnership Management and Training and Lifelong Learning at RUAS, along with my primary role as Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science and Engineering. I have a proven track record of teaching and executing sponsored research projects. My teaching interests lie in the domains of Digital Design, Computer Networks, Computer Architecture and Network Programming. I also teach advanced masters level courses in SoC Design, Automotive Communication Protocol Development and Network Simulation. I have also guided a few Masters’ theses and published in areas of signal processing, mobile ad-hoc networks, network simulation and autonomous vehicles. I have executed sponsored research projects in the area of mobile ad-hoc and sensor networks. My current research interests are focused towards IoT, Data Centric Networks and the application of Machine Learning to enhance energy efficiency and security of Internet of Underwater Things.
Master of Science in Embedded System Design
Glasgow Caledonian University, Scotland
B. E. in Electronics and Communication
Nitte Institute of Technology, VTU
Total Experience: 10 Years and 8 Months
- Assistant Professor, RUAS, Aug. 2014 till date
- Assistant Director, International Collaborations and Partnership management, RUAS, Aug. 2017 till date
- Associate Director, Training and Lifelong Learning, RUAS, Apr. 2018 to Jul 2018
- Assistant Professor ‚M S Ramaiah School of Advanced Studies, Jul. 2010 to Jul 2014
- Training Engineer, M S Ramaiah School of Advanced Studies, Nov. 2009 to Jun. 2010
Corporate Training Programs to delegates from Continental Corporation on Automotive Electronics and Fault Diagnostics in 2014, 2015 and 2016
Internet of Things, Underwater Acoustics, Data Centric Networking
Mobile Ad-hoc Networks, Inter Vehicular Communication, Network Simulation
- Internet of Things
- Underwater Acoustics
- Data Centric Networking
- Mobile Ad-hoc Networks
- Inter Vehicular Communication
- Network Simulation
International Conference Papers:
- Priya, R., Murthy, K. R. N. and Rao, N. R. (2018). Analysis of Routing Protocol Performance for V2X Communication. In International Conference on Photonics, Signal Processing and Communication Technologies. Bangalore: M. S. Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences.
- Sagar, D. and Murthy, K. R. N. (2017). Development and Simulation Analysis of a Robust Face Recognition based Smart Locking System. In: 6th International Conference on Innovation in Electronics and Communication Engineering (ICIECE’17). Hyderabad: Springer Lecture Notes in Networks and Systems.
National Journal Papers:
- Dessai, S., Indu, V., Yerragudi, V. S., Murthy, K. R. N., Patel, M., Dharishini, P. P., Kumar, S. and Gangadhar, N. D. (2015). Analysis of SDLC Models for Embedded Systems. SASTech Journal, 15(1), pp.17 – 20.
- Sreenath, S., Murthy, K. R. N. and Chandan, N. (2013) Design and Development of Validation Framework for ECG Device. SASTech Journal. 12 (2). pp.62 – 68.
- Nagoor, S. and Murthy, K. R. N. (2013) Design and Implementation of an Intrusion Tolerant Web Server. SASTech Journal. 12 (1). pp.36 – 42.
- Gokulkrishna, D., Sharma, R and Murthy, K. R. N. (2011) Design of a Routing Protocol for Mobile Ad-hoc Networks. SASTech Journal. 10 (2). pp.29 – 35.
International Journal Papers:
- Rao, N. R. and Murthy, K. R. N. (2017). Development of an OBD Information Cluster for Non-OBD Vehicles. International Journal of Engineering Science and Innovative Technology, 6(1), pp.50 – 58.
- Method, System and Apparatus for Wireless Streaming of ECG Data, Application Number 1167/CHE/2014, filed on 17th March 2014. Inventors: A. S. Rathan Kumar, N. D. Gangadhar, K. R. Narasimha Murthy
- Automatic Vehicle Load Estimation for Controlling Engine Power, Application Number 201741046745, filed on 27th December 2017. Inventors: Upendra Babu Kancheti, V. Hima Kiran Vithal, K. R. Narasimha Murthy
- Driver Monitoring System for Harsh Acceleration and Deceleration Performance, Application Number 201741046748, filed on 27th December 2017. Inventors: Rohit M. Pattan, Monish Gowda M. H., K. R. Narasimha Murthy
- Freescale best project award during postgraduate study