Dr Vanishri C Haragannavar has been an Assistant Professor (Senior Lecturer) at the Faculty of Dental Sciences, RUAS since 2016. As a principal investigator, guide, co-guide and advisor for short term and main dissertations, she has extended a helping hand to a number of undergraduate and postgraduate students. In the past, she served as an Assistant Professor (Senior Lecturer) at Coorg Institute of Dental Sciences in Virajpet (2013 – 2015) where she also took charge of co-guiding postgrads with their short term and main dissertations. Dr Vanishri studied BDS at PMNM Dental College & Hospital, Bagalkot (2007) and went on to specialise in Oral Pathology & Microbiology for her Master’s degree at Coorg Institute of Dental Sciences, Virajpet (2013)
MDS- Oral Pathology&Microbiology
Coorg Institute of DentalSciences - Virajpet, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences
PMNM Dental College & Hospital - Bagalkot, Rajiv Gandhi University of Health Sciences
Total Experience: 7 years 3 months
Senior lecturer( Assistant Professor)- Coorg institute of dental sciences- Virajpet- 2 years 6months (2013 June – Dec 2015).
Senior lecturer (Assistant Professor) — FDS- M S Ramaiah
University of applied Sciences – 3years 5 months (Bangalore- 2016 Jan- till date)
Research and Industry:
Co-guide: short term and main dissertations for post graduate students- Coorg institute of dental sciences- Virajpet- 2 years 6months (2013 June – Dec 2015)
Principle investigator, Guide, Co-Guide and advisor for short term and main dissertations for post graduate and undergraduate students FDS- M S Ramaiah University of applied Sciences –Bangalore- 3years 5 months (2016 Jan- till date)
Dental anantomy and Dental Histology, Oral Pathology and Microbiology, Histopathology, Cytopathology
Research Interest: Oral cancer,head and neck pathology (odontogenic lesions,salivary gland tumors,soft tissue tumors),forensic odontology,molecular and immunohistochemical studies.
Research Experetise: Immunohistochemistry ‚Oral precancerous and cancer, Forensic Odontology, Head and Neck oncology, Diagnostic pathology
- Diagnostic Pathology
- Forensic Odontology
- Oral precancerous and cancer
- Head and Neck oncology
National Conference Papers:
- “Evaluation of microvessel density in various degrees of dysplasia and correlation of MVD with severity by using special stain masson’s trichrome” at 20th National convention MAHE-Manipal.2011
- “Expression of alpha-sma in ameloblastoma, odontogenic keratocyst and dentigerous cyst and correlation of it with biological behaviour” at 20th Hyderabad 2011.
- “Honey as substitute for formalin”- at 21st National convention Pune 2012.
- “Biological behavior odontogenic cysts and tumours- immunohistochemical markers” at National IDA conference in 2013 November at Madikeri (Coorg) 2013.
- “p27 and FHIT predicts biological behavior of Odontogenic cysts and tumors”- an immunohistochemical study, at XV National Triple O symposium 16th-18th February 2017 at KLE institute Belgaum.
National Journals papers:
- Adenomatoid odontogenic tumor — hamartoma/cyst or true neoplasm; a Bcl‑2 immunohistochemical analysis. Indian J Dent Adv 2012; 4(1): 730- 735
- Chromatography paper: A novel approach to estimate the salivary flow. Journal of Advanced Clinical & Research Insights:Vol. 1:1 Jul-Aug 2014
- Effect of sorbitol on salivary flow rate. Journal of Advanced Clinical & Research Insights:Vol. 1:1 Jul-Aug 2014.
- Papillarycyst adenoma lymphomatosum – a case report and review. Journal of Medicine, Radiology, Pathology & Surgery (2015), 1, 17 – 19.
- Fibro-osseous lesion – a case report and brief review. Archives of dentistry | vol. 1 issue1 jan.2015.
- Hibiscus: A different hue in histopathology. Journal of Medicine, Radiology, Pathology & Surgery (2016), 2, 9 – 11.
- Ghosh S, Rao RS, Nambiar KS, Haragannavar VC, Augustine D, Sowmya SV. Sericin, a dietary additive: Mini review.J Med Radiol Pathol Surg 2017;4:13 – 17
- Abraham M., Nambiar S., Haragannavor VC. Augustine D., Sowmya SV. , Babu A., Rao RS. Comparison of staining efficacy between turmeric and eosin: A histological study.J clin Diagn Res; 2017;11(11):zco5-zco8
- Shwetha K.N., Vanishri H.C., Dominic A., Sowmya S.V. and Roopa R.S. RECENT ADVANCES IN DIAGNOSIS OF ORAL CANCER. J Dent Orofac Res. 2016;12(1):19 – 21.
- Roopa s Rao.,Dominic Augustine.,Swetha Nambiar., C.H. Vanishri. ‚S.V.Sowmya(2017). E‑cigrattes in India-An invite to oral cancers.JCRI.4,pp.436 – 438
- Augustine. S. V. Sowmya., Roopa S. Rao.(2017). Immunopathogenesis of pemphigus vulgaris: A brief review.JMRP.4.pp 14 – 16
- V. Pavithra, Karuna Kumari, Vanishri C. haragannavar, Roopa S. Rao, Shwetha Nambiar, Dominic augustine, S.V. Sowmya.(2017). Possible Role of Bcl‑2 Expression in Metastatic and Non Metastatic Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma
- Lavanya, A., Shwetha, K. N., Vanishri, H. C., Roopa, S. Rao., Dominic, A., and Sowmya, S. V. (2018) Origin of Cancer Stem Cells – A Short Review, J. of Dental & Oro — facial Research, 14(02), pp. 76 – 79.
- Ghosh S, Singh P, Nambiar KS, Haragannavar VC, Augustine D, Sowmya SV, Rao RS. Role of salivary biomarkers in the diagnosis of oral cancer: Mini review. J Med Radiol Pathol Surg 2018;5:7 – 10
- Abraham M , Augustine D, Sagar P, Rao RS ‚Prasad K, SV Sowmya, Haragannavar VC, Nambiar SK:Diagnostic Panel Markers CD45,CD20,CD3,CD138 and CD56 for Oral Solitary Plasmacytoma of Bone. World J Dent.2018;9(1):53 – 58
- Kumari K, SV Sowmya, Vineeth K, Rao RS, Lalitha RM, Augustine D, Haragannavar VC, Nambiar SK, Abraham M: Staged Minimally Invasive Surgical Approach in the Management of Glandular Odontogenic Cyst. World JDent.2018;9(1):48 – 52
- Abraham M, Nambiar SK, Haragannavar VC, Rao RS, Augustine D, Sowmya SV: Vaccine for Dental Caries-An Imminent Target. JDOR.2018;14(1):49- 54.
- Sudarshini, N., Spoorthi, R. B., Shwetha, K. Nambiar, Dominic Augustine, Sowmya, S. V., Vanishree, C. Haragannavara and Roopa, S. Rao (2018) Immunohistochemical Stain-Phosphohistone H3: Most Specific Mitotic Marker, J. of Clinical and Diagnostic Research, 12(2), pp. ZC18-ZC21
- Vanishri, C. H., Anand, S. T., Shashidara, R., Shailesh, K., Celestina, D. P. and Shruthi, D. K. (2019) Assessment of Fragile Histidine Triad Expression in Ameloblastoma, Odontogenic Keratocyst and Dentigerous Cyst, Indian J. of Pathology and Microbiology, 62(01), DOI: 10.4103/IJPM.IJPM_403_18.
International Journal papers:
- Surendra, L., Nambiar, SK,. Haragannavar, VC,. Augustine, D,. Sowmya, S.V., Babu A,. Rao, R.S. (2019). Staining Efficacy of Rose Extract in Comparison with Eosin Stain: A Histological Study on Oral Tissues, World J Dent, 9(6), 500 – 4
- Haragannavar, VC,. Patil SG,. Rao, R.S,. Nambiar, SK,. Augustine, D,. Sowmya, S.V., (2018). Troubleshooting in Immunohistochemistry with their Remedies. World J Dent, 9 (4) pp. 333 – 341
- Surendra, L., Haragannavar, V.C., Rao, R.S., Prasad, K., Sowmya, S.V.,Augustine, D. and Nambiar, S., 2018. Prognostic significance of Cep55 in oral squamous cell carcinoma. Translational Research in Oral Oncology, 3, p.2057178X18781972.
- Srii R, Peter CD, Haragannavar VC, Shashidara R, Sridhara SU, Srivatsava S. Bee Honey as a Safer Alternative for Routine Formalin Fixation, Kathmandu University of Medical J.2017: 60(4); pp. 308 – 312.
- Abraham, M., Sowmya, S.V., Rao, R.S., Haragannavar, V.C., Patil, S., Augustine, D. and Nambiar, S., 2018. Stearoyl coenzyme A desaturase: A diagnostic and prognostic biomarker in patients with oral epithelial dysplasia and oral squamous cell carcinoma. Translational Research in Oral Oncology, 3, p.2057178X18782512.
- Khan, W. Augustine D,Rao S R, Venkatesiah VS,Haragannavar VC, Nambiar KS (2018). Stem Cell Markers SOX‑2 and OCT‑4 Enable to Resolve the Diagnostic Dilemma between Ameloblastic Carcinoma and Aggressive Solid Multicystic Ameloblastoma, Adv Biomed Res, 7, p 149.
- Lakshminarayana, S. Augustine D,Rao S R,Patil SG,Awan KH, Venkatesiah VS,Haragannavar VC, Nambiar KS,Prasad, K (2018). Molecular pathways of oral cancer that predicts prognosis and survival: A systematic review. J Carcinog, 17, p7
- Prasad, K., Rao, R., Augustine, D. Venkatesiah VS,Haragannavar VC,.Sagar p, Sridhar P. Pathway based prognostic gene expression profile of buccal and gingivo-buccal oral squamous cell carcinoma in smokeless tobacco chewers. Head & Neck. pp 1 – 10.
- Nambiar KS, Haragannavar VC, Augustine D, Sowmya SV, Rao RS. Diagnostic aids in detection of oral precancer and cancer: Past to present. Int Dent Med J Adv Res 2016;2:1 – 7
- Ghosh S, Nambiar S, Patil S, Haragannavar VC, Augustine D, SV S, Rao RS. Allergic and immunologic response of the oral mucosa: An overview. International Journal of Clinical Dental Science. 2016 Sep 22;7(1).
- Nambiar S, Haragannavar VC, Augustine D, Sowmya SV, Rao RS. Adverse effects of radiotherapy on oral tissues: A review. Int J Contemp Dent Med Rev, Vol2016, Article ID:020816, 2016
- Pavithra V,Sowmya SV,RaoRS,Patil S,Augustine D,Haragannavar VC, Nambiar S.Tumor- associated Collagen Signatures: An Insight.World J Dent 2017;8(3):224 – 230
- Lizbeth Raju K, Dominic Augustine, Roopa S Rao, Sowmya SV, Vanishri C Haragannavar, Shwetha Nambiar, Kavitha Prasad, Kamran Habib Awan, Shankargouda Patil.(2017). Biomarkers in Tumorigenesis Using Cancer Cell Lines: A Systematic Review. Asian Pac J Cancer Prev 18 (9), 2329 – 2337
- Patil S.G, Roopa S. Rao, A. Thirumal Raj, Venkataswamy P, C.Haragannavar V , Nambiar S, Augustine D,S.V Sowmya. Insights into the pathogenesis and clinicopathological spectrum of oral vegetable granuloma. Case series with literature review.Clinics and practise 2017; 7:1008
- Abraham M., Augustine D, Rao RS., S V. Sowmya, C. Haragannavar V., Nambiar S., Prasad K., Awan KH., Patil S. Naturally Available Extracts Inhibiting Cancer Progression: A Systematic Review. J. Evid.-Based Complementary Altern. Med.;2017(14):1 – 9
- A Lavanya, SV Sowmya, Roopa S Rao, Dominic Augustine, Vanishri C Haragannavar, Shwetha Nambiar K:Trouble shooters in light microscopy.World J Dent.2017;8(6):511 – 518
- Sanketh, D. S., Karuna Kumaria, Roopa, S. Rao, Vanishree, C. Haragannavara, Sarodeb, S. C., Sarodeb, G. S., Thirumal Raj, A. and Shankargouda Patil (2018) Expression of Ki-67, p53, α‑SMA and COX‑2 in Lichen Planus and Related Lesions: A Pilot Study, J. of Oral Biology and Craniofacial Research.
BOOKS AUTHORED: 02
- Haragannavar VC, Sandeep S, Sridhar P. Ossifying fibromas of facial bones- A Comprehensive literature review of cases reported in past twelve years. Germany: LAP Lambert Academic Publishing; 2017. ISBN-978 – 620- 2−05135−4.
- Haragannavar VC,Tegginamani AS, Raju S. Exophytic growths of oral cavity‑A Comprehensive Notes. Germany: LAP Lambert Academic Publishing; 2017. ISBN-978 620−2−05546−8.
PG-MDS – Thesis advised:
- Role of Cep55 in predicting the Survival Rate in Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma(2016 – 18)
- Expression of podoplanin in predicting the biological behaviour of oral squamous cell carcinoma – a clinicopathological correlation. 2016 – 18 (Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery)
- Expression of cd44 and its clinicopathological correlation in oral squamous cell – an immunohistochemical study.2016 – 18 (Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery)
- Expression levels of hTERT in OSMF and OSCC and its clinical correlationAn immunohistochemical study(2017 – 19)
- Assessment of biological behaviour of Oral squamous cell carcinoma by Pcadherin and WNT 5a expression levels immunohistochemically(2017 – 19)
PG-MDS-Short term research Projects Advised:
- Hibiscus: A different hue in histopathology. 2014 – 15 (Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology)
- Chromatography paper: A novel approach to estimate the salivary flow.2013 – 11 (Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology)
- Effect of sorbitol on salivary flow rate. 2014 – 15 (Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology)
- Immunohistochemical ananlysis of Bcl2 marker in metastatic amd non metaststaic OSCC. 201 – 17. (Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology)
- Role of BAX gene in metastatic and non-metastatic oral squamous cell carcinoma by immunohistochemical analysis. 2016 – 17 (Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology)
- Panel of IHC markers in oral epithelial Dysplasia, Oral lichenoid lesions and lichen planus. 2016 – 17(Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology)
- Need Of Panel of IHC markers in the diagnosis OKC transforming into OSCC. 2017 – 18(Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology)
- Analysis of expression levels of ErbB2 in Odontogenic cyst and tumor. 2016- 17(Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology)
- Tongue as a vital tool in the identification of a person using tongue impression 2017 – 18 (Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology)
- A digital photography of tongue- a new method of person identification. 2017 – 18 (Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology)
- Role of apoptotic markers in gingivitis and periodontitis –an immunohistochemical study. 2017 – 18 ( Periodontology)
- Digitalization in ameloglyphics- A forensic tool for person idientification. 2018 – 19(Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology)
- Cd45 a prognostic predictor in oral squamous cell carcinoma patients. 2018- 19(Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology)
- Role of autophagic markers in oral cancer. 2019 – 20(Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology)
- Estimation of age using dental cast a comparative study 2019 – 2020(Oral and Maxillofacial Pathology)
- Immunohistochemistry Workshop – 2016
- OCRC Workshop Series – 1 – 2016
- PG MDS thesis Advised: 05 (Details are enclosed)
- PG MDS short term research projects advised : 15 (Details are enclosed)
- OCRC Workshop Series – 2 – 2016
- Seminar on Cancer Stem cells – 2017
- Seminar on Molecular research – 2017
- Seminar on Molecular Techniques for Research – 2017
- Seminar on Advanced microscopy and image analysis software – 2018
- FDP on Collaborative Research Facilities – 2018
- FDP on Interdisciplinary Research – 2019
- University ‑7th rank in MDS examination ‑Oral Pathology & Microbiology conducted by RGUHS university- 2013
- Post graduate academic gold medal award for the year 2010−2013− CIDS
- Best poster in the National IDA conference in 2013 November at Madikeri (Coorg)
- Merit Scholarship award by TATA Coffee Board Plantation limited Polibetta-Coorg — 2014
"IDA-85889,Registered as Oral Pathologist at Karnataka State Dental Council, Registration number 22,207-A"