Dr Suguna M has been a Professor in the Department of Physics at RUAS since 2016. She is a Doctor of Philosophy and her thesis on “Band splitting in the interacting Boson Approximation” was presented at the Physics Department of Andhra University in Waltair (1982).
She takes various subjects for the postgraduate program at RUAS including Classical Mechanics, Quantum Mechanics, Statistical Mechanics, Solid State Physics I & II, Experimental Techniques, Semiconductor Physics and MEMS and Nanotechnology. She conducts classes at the undergraduate level on Engineering Physics, o Advanced Engineering Physics and Elements of Nanotechnology. When she is not busy teaching, she dedicates time for advising postgraduate (MS) students on their theses.
Doctor of Philosophy
Physics Department, Andhra University, Waltair
Master of Science
Nuclear Physics Department, Andhra University, Waltair
Bachelor of Science
Maris Stella College , Vijayawada (Affliated to Andhra University)
Total years of Experience :
Academic Experience :
- Lecturer — Dept. of physics in MSRIT, Bangalore — 5 years (1983 — 1988)
- Senior Lecturer — Dept. of physics in MSRIT, Bangalore — 11 years (1988 — 1999)
- Selection Grade Lecturer — Dept. of physics in MSRIT, Bangalore — 5 years (1999 — 2004)
- Assistant Professor — Dept. of physics in MSRIT, Bangalore — 4 years (2004 — 2008)
- Professor — Dept. of physics in MSRIT, Bangalore — 4 years (2008 — 2012)
- Professor & Head, Department of Physics — 4 Years (2012 — 2016), M.S. Ramaiah Institute of Technology, Bangalore
- Professor, Department of Physics, Ramaiah University of Applied
Sciences from November 2016 till date
- C.S.I.R. Post Doctoral Fellowship during1982-1983 Physics Department, Andhra University, Waltair and I.I.Sc., Bangalore
- CSIR Senior Research Fellowship from 1980 – 1982 Physics Dept., Andhra University, Waltair
- CSIR Junior Research Fellowship from 1978 – 1980 Dept. of Physics, Andhra University, Waltair
Nanotechnology and photonics
Theoretical Nuclear Physics
- Theoretical Nuclear Physics
National Journal Papers:
- Generalized interacting Boson Model and collective behavior of nuclei, Pramana 17 (1981) 381
National Conference Papers:
- A study of 160Er, 160 Hf and 184W using the perturbation approach in IBA, Nuclear Physics and Solidstate Physics symposium, 1983
- Investigations with g bosons, Matscience conference, 1982
- First Rank in M.Sc.
- National Merit Scholarship during M.Sc
- Late Sri Kotikalapudi Samba Murthy and Late Smt. Venkataratnamma Memorial Prize for scoring highest marks in Physics in B.Sc. Final year examination
- 26th rank out of 4655 candidates in B.Sc.