Dr Shekar M is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Mathematics and Statistics under the Faculty of Mathematical and Physical Sciences, RUAS which he joined in 2014. He teaches both undergraduate and postgraduate students. Earlier, he was a Project Fellow as part of the UGC Major Research Project sanctioned to Dr J C Umavathi, a Professor at the Department of Mathematics in Gulbarga University, Kalburgi. He completed his PhD degree under her supervision in 2014.
He is deeply interested in research relating to the flow and heat transfer of Newtonian and non-Newtonian fluid in different geometries, transport phenomenon through porous medium, magnetohydrodynamic flow, convective instabilities, numerical analysis and mathematical modelling. He has published 13 research articles in various Scopus indexed journals.
Total Experience: 6 years
Research Interest: Convective flow and heat transfer, Flow through porous medium, MHD flow, Convective instabilities, Computational fluid mechanics
Research Expertise: Convective flow and heat transfer. Flow through porous medium, MHD flow
- Convective flow and heat transfer
- Flow through porous medium
- MHD flow
- Convective instabilities
- Computational fluid mechanics
- J.C. Umavathi and M. Shekar, Mixed convective flow of two immiscible viscous fluids in a vertical wavy channel with traveling thermal waves, Heat Transfer Asian Research, vol. 40(8), pp. 721 – 743, 2011
- J.C. Umavathi, I.C. Liu, and M. Shekar, Unsteady mixed convective heat transfer of two immiscible fluids confined between a long vertical wavy wall and a parallel flat wall, Applied Mathematics Mechanics ‑English Edition, vol. 33(7), pp. 931 – 950, 2012
- J.C. Umavathi, J. Prathap Kumar and M. Shekar, Convective flow between a corrugated and a smooth wall, Journal of Porous Media, vol. 15(10), pp. 975 – 988, 2012
- J.C. Umavathi, A.S.V. Ravi Kanth and M. Shekar, Comparison study of differential transform method with finite difference method for magnetoconvection in a vertical channel, Heat Transfer Asian Research, vol. 42(3), pp. 243 – 258, 2013
- J.C. Umavathi, and M. Shekar, Unsteady mixed convective flow and heat transfer in a vertical corrugated channel with traveling thermal waves for composite porous media, Journal of Engineering Physics and Thermo Physics, vol. 86(4), pp. 754 – 765, 2013
- J.C. Umavathi, and M. Shekar, Mixed convective flow of immiscible fluids in a vertical corrugated channel with traveling thermal waves, Journal of King Saud University – Engineering Sciences, vol. 26, pp. 49 – 68, 2014
- J.C. Umavathi, and M. Shekar, Flow and heat transfer in a porous medium saturated by a micropolar fluid between parallel permeable disks, Journal of Porous Media, vol. 17(8), pp. 668 – 684, 2014
- J.C. Umavathi, Ali J. Chamkha and M. Shekar, Flow and heat transfer of a micropolar fluids separated by viscous fluid layer, International Journal of Microscale and Nanoscale Thermal Fluid Transport Phenomena, vol. 5(1), pp. 23 – 49, 2014.
- J.C. Umavathi, and M. Shekar, Unsteady mixed convective flow confined between vertical wavy wall and parallel flat wall filled with porous and fluid layer, Heat Transfer Engineering, vol. 36(1), pp. 1 – 20, 2015
- J.C. Umavathi and M. Shekar, Combined effect of variable viscosity and thermal conductivity on free convection flow of a viscous fluid in a vertical channel using DTM, Meccanica, vol. 51, pp. 71 – 86, 2016
- C. T. Duba, M. Shekar, M. Narayana & P. Sibanda, Soret and Dufour effects on thermohaline convection in rotating fluids, Geophysical & Astrophysical Fluid Dynamics, vol. 110(4), pp. 317 – 347, 2016
- J. C. Umavathi, J, Prathap Kumar, I. Pop and M. Shekar, Flow and heat transfer of couple stress fluid in a vertical channel in the presence of heat source/sink, International Journal of Numerical Methods in Heat & Fluid Flow, vol. 27(4), pp. 795 – 819, 2017
- J. C. Umavathi, Ali J. Chamkha and M. Shekar, Free convection flow of an electrically-conducting micropolar fluid between parallel porous vertical plates using Differential Transform method, Journal of Applied Computational Mechanics, vol. 4(4), pp. 286 – 298, 2018
Indian Society of Theoretical and Applied Mechanics (ISTAM)