Dr Shama Ravichandran is an Assistant Professor at RUAS with about a decade of experience in research, teaching and academics. She specialises in control engineering. As part of her research activities, she is studying in-depth the application of non-linear control systems in robotics and power electronic systems in order to not only resolve but also greatly simplify real world problems. She holds BE, ME and PhD degrees and was awarded the ‘DST PURSE’ fellowship by the Department of Science & Technology, Government of India (2010 – 2013). While not teaching or researching, Dr Shama is birdwatching, indulging in photography, reading a novel or listening to her favourite songs.
CEG, Anna University, Chennai
M.E (Control & Instrumentation)
CEG, Anna University, Chennai
B.E (Electronics & Communication Engineering)
KCET, Affiliated to Anna University, Chennai
Total years of Experience :
Academic Experience : 5 years
- Assistant Professor, Dept. of Electrical Engineering, RUAS. (July 2015 — present)
Research Experience: 6 years
- Doctoral Research (2009 — 2015), CEG (College of Engineering, Guindy), Anna University, Chennai.
- Served as Head of Centre for Control Systems and Robotics Research (CCSRR), RUAS (2016−2017), Member (2016-Present).
- Reviewer for reputed journals such as IEEE Power Electronics, IET Power Electronics & IEEE Industrial Electronics.
- Reviewer for in house SasTech Journal, RUAS.
Nonlinear Control, Control of Power Electronic Converters, Harvesting Robots, Robot Manipulator Control
Nonlinear Control of Uncertain Dynamical Systems
- Nonlinear Control
- Control theory
- Dynamical Systems
- Harvesting Robots
National Conference Papers: 2
- Shama Ravichandran, Patnaik SK & Umamaheswari B, “Design of two-loop control by combining H∞ and sliding mode schemes for a boost converter”, Proceedings of the 3rd National conference on Advances in Energy Conservation Technologies (AECT2009), Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal, Karnataka.
- Vinila ML, Shama Ravichandran, Patnaik SK & Umamaheswari B, “Dual loop controller design for POEL converter”, Proceedings of the National conference on Power Instrumentation Control and Computing (PICC-2010), Government Engineering College, Trissur, Kerala.
International Conference Papers: 1
- Krishna Rao Vutukuru, Shama Ravichandran, & Patnaik SK “SM based IMC-PID control of single switch quadratic boost converter for wide DC conversion ratios”, Proceedings of the 2nd International conference on Advances in Control and Optimization of Dynamic Systems (ACODS-2012), IISC, Bangalore, Karnataka.
National Journal Papers: 1
- Sadath, Shama Ravichandran, Balappa & Nagananda, “Design and development of an automatic watchstrap packaging machine”, SasTech Journal, vol. 17, no. 2, 2018.
International Journal Papers: 3 (Scopus Indexed)
- Shama Ravichandran, Nagaraj KS & Patnaik SK, “Design and implementation of a novel control architecture by combining H∞ and sliding mode schemes for a boost converter”, Journal of Circuits, Systems and Computers, vol. 22, no. 1, pp. 1 – 20, 2013. SJR-Q3.
- Shama Ravichandran & Sanjib Kumar Patnaik, “Implementation of dual loop controller for positive output elementary Luo converter”, IET Power Electronics, vol. 6, no. 5, pp. 885 – 893, 2013. SJR-Q1.
- Shama Ravichandran, Krishna Rao Vutukuru & Patnaik SK, “SM based IMCPID control of a single switch quadratic boost converter for wide DC conversion ratios”, Electric Power Components and Systems (Taylor & Francis), vol. 41, no. 16, pp. 1617 – 1634, 2013. SJR-Q2.
- Obtained overall OC Rank 1 in Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) 2007 for Post Graduate studies
- Awarded ‘DST PURSE’ fellowship by DST, Government of India from June 2010 to January 2013