PhD in Computer Science
CSA department, IISc`, Bangalore
M.Sc (Tech) Computer Science (Integrated programme)
Total Experience: 39 years
- 1982 – 1987: Scientific Officer, Supercomputer Education and Research Centre, IIScDec
- 1987-June 1988: On UNDP Fellowship at Department of Computer Science, University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign.
- 1987 – 1995: Senior Scientific Officer, Supercomputer Education and Research Centre, IISc
- 1996 – 1999: Product Development Manager, Siemens
- 1999 – 2000: Project Manager, Digital
- 2000 – 2004: India Engineering Manager, Sun Microsystems
- 2004 – 2012: Senior Member Technical Staff, Corporate Technology, Siemens R&D
- 2012 – 2014: Principal Research Scientist, Corporate Technology, Siemens R&D
- 2014 – 2018: Professor, Department of Computer Science, Ramaiah University
- 2018- till date :Professor & Head of the Department of Computer Science department, Ramaiah University
- 2016- till date: Head of Software Engineering and Big Data Research Centre at Ramaiah University
Software Program Analysis, Testing, Verification and Concurrency, Artificial Intelligence, High-performance Computing, Computer Programming Pedagogical Methods
Software Program Analysis and Testing, Theory and Practice of Concurrency, High Performance Computing.
- Software Program Analysis and Testing
- Verification and Concurrency
- Artificial Intelligence
- High-performance Computing
- Computer Programming Pedagogical Methods
- Theory and Practice of Concurrency
- High Performance Computing
“A Study of the Implementation of Speculative Parallelism in Functional Languages”
International Journal Papers:
- P.V.R Murthy , V. Rajaraman. “Implementation of Speculative Parallelism in Functional Languages”, IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, Vol 5, Issue 11,November1994.
- Pushpavathi T.P, PVR Murthy, “Hybrid Privacy Preserving Clustering for Big Data while Ensuring Security”, Springer Lecture Notes (accepted in June 2019)
University Journal Papers:
- P.V.R.Murthy, A,Prabhakar. “ AnExploration Into Effective Teaching of Introductory Programming”, MSRUAS, SASTech Journal, Vol 14, Issue 2, 2015.
- P.V.R.Murthy. “Cause Effect Path Based Coverage Criteria for Testing Buffer Overflow Vulnerability”, RUAS, SASTech Journal, Vol 16, Issue 2,2017.
Corporate Journal Papers:
- PVR Murthy, K Ravikant. “Towards a Science of Programming for Safety”, Siemens Corporate Technology India, 2012.
International Conference Papers:
- PVR Murthy,Shilpa RG.“Vulnerability Coverage Criteria for Security Testing of Web Applications”,International Conferenceon Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics, ICACCI 2018.
- IEEE.PVR Murthy.“Design by Contract Methodology‑A step towards Zero-defect Programming”,International Conferenceon Advances in Computing, Communications and Informatics, ICACCI 2018.
- IEEE.PVR Murthy.“Efficient Parallel Browsers for Mobile Devices”, ACM 9thIndia Software Engineering Conference, 2016
- PVR Murthy. “Reliability by Construction using Design by Contract Methodology”, ACM9thIndia Software Engineering Conference, 2016.
- PVR Murthy, Andreas Ulrich. “Distributed GUI Test Automation”, IEEE INDICON 2017.
- Tushar Sharma, PVR Murthy. “ESA: the exclusive-similarity algorithm for identifying extract-class refactoring candidates automatically”, ACM 7thIndia Software Engineering Conference, 2014.
- Alpana Dubey, PVR Murthy. “Computation and Visualization of Cause-effect Paths”, IEEE International Workshop on Automation of Software Test, ICSE 2013.
- K Ravikant, PVR Murthy, Himanshu Singh. “Harnessing Specifications to detect Security issues”, Security and Privacy Symposium, IIT Kanpur, 2013.
- M Mahesh, PVR Murthy. “Model based Testingusing an Extended Context Free Grammar”,IEEE International Conference on Industrial Technology, 2012.
- PVR Murthy. “Speculative Resource Acquisition” at IMPECS workshop on Program Analysis(Indo-German), 2012.
- PVR Murthy, Saravanakumar V, Tushar Sharma, Kiron Rao. “ Quality Driven Dynamic Analysis”, IEEE 35thAnnual International Conference on Computer Software and Applications(COMPSAC), 2011.
- Monalisa Sarma, P.V.R.Murthy, Sylvia Jell, Andreas Ulrich. “Model-based Testing in Industry: a case study with two MBT Tools”, ACM 5thInternational Workshop on Automation of Software Test, 2010.
- Murthy, Pvr. (2010). Partitioning of Pre-conditions and Post-conditions to Design Effective Testsand Carry-out Automated Debugging (Case Study Presentation). ACM/IEEEInternational Workshop on Automation of SoftwareTest, ICSE 2010.
- PVR Murthy.”Effective Unit Test Design and Automated Debugging”, International Symposium on Reliability Engineering, 2009.
- PVR Murthy. “Parallel Computing with X10”, ACM International Workshop onMulticore Software Engineering, ICSE, 2007.
- PVR Murthy, M Mahesh, PC Anitha, R Subramanyan. “Test Ready UML Statechart Models”, SCESM’06, ACM International Workshop on Scenarios and State Machines, Models, Algorithms and Tools, ICSE2006.
National Conference Papers:
- PVR Murthy.”Design by Contract Methodology‑A step towards Zero-defect programming”,2ndSRESA National Conference on Reliability and Safety Engineering(NCRS-2015).
- PVR Murthy.”Distributed GUI Test Automation”,3rdSRESA National Conference on Reliability and Safety Engineering(NCRS-2016).PVR Murthy. “Real-time Fortran Operating System”, Computer Society of India Publication, 1982.
- Organized a one day Workshop on Test Driven Development at Corporate Technology, Siemens R&D, 2012.
- Granted eight international patents in Software Engineering
ACM (Association of Computing Machinery)