Dr. Rajeev Mudakavi is an Assistant Professor at the Department of Pharmaceutics, RUAS. For the BPharm course, he teaches courses such as Pharmaceutical Engineering, Biopharmaceutics and Pharmacokinetics, Pharmaceutical Biotechnology, and Pharmaceutical Jurisprudence. At the PharmD level, he teaches Pharmaceutical Formulation while taking care of Research Methodology and Group Project for students of Pharmaceutical MBA.
He has a Ph.D. degree from the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore (2019). His research interests are numerous and varied in nature. They include in-vivo targeted delivery and characterization of formulation to laboratory animals such as mice and rats, animal surgery to study anatomical and histological features, the study of intracellular tracking, synthesis, and characterization of functional drug carrier systems, surface chemistry, and chemical functionalization, wound healing and tissue engineering. He has life memberships in the Indian Pharmaceutical Association (IPA), Association of Pharmacy Teachers of India (APTI), Karnataka State Pharmacy Council (KSPC), and InPharm Association.
Total Years Of Experience :
- Laboratory animal handling and research, in-vivo bioimaging, Bacterial and Mammalian cell culture, confocal microscopy.
- FACS Characterization techniques.
Spectroscopic analytical techniques ‑UV-Visible and FTIR, HPLC, AAS, Zetasizer, Thermal analytical techniques (DSC and TGA).
- Bioseparation techniques (SDS Page, HPLC), Electron microscopy technique (SEM, TEM, and XRD), Atomic force microscopy (AFM).
Research Interests :
Targeted delivery and characterization of formulation, Study of intracellular targeting, synthesis and characterization of functional drug carrier systems, surface chemistry, and chemical functionalization for improving Physico-chemical characteristics, wound healing, and tissue engineering.
Research Expertise :
Pharmaceutical: Synthesis and evaluation of NDDS and conventional delivery systems Biological Techniques: Bioprinting, Laboratory animal handling and research, Tissue engineering (regenerative medicine), Bacterial and Mammalian cell culture
Chemistry: Synthesis of polymer and lipid-mediated carriers, functionalization chemistry
- Impact of Bioinspired Nanotopography on the Antibacterial and Antibiofilm Efficacy of Chitosan.Abinash Tripathy, Suman Pahal, Rajeev J Mudakavi, Ashok M. Raichur, Manoj M. Varma, and Prosenjit Sen.
- ACS Biomacromolecules, 2018. Development of arginine based nanocarriers for targeting and treatment of intracellular Salmonella, Rajeev J Mudakavi, S Vanamali, D Chakravorty and Ashok M Raichur.
- RSC Advances 7 (12), 2017, 7022 – 7032, Magnetic iron nanoparticles for in vivo targeted delivery and as biocompatible contrast agents CS Tiwary, Rajeev J Mudakavi, S Kishore, S Kashyap, R Elumalai, Dipshikha Chakravorty, Ashok M Raichur, and K Chattopadhyay.
- RSC Advances 6 (115), 2017, 114344 – 114352 for more details visit (https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=EliEQEYAAAAJ&hl=en&oi=ao).
- National e‑poster award — COVID-19, DY Patil Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research- (May 2020).
- Poster Award (2nd Prize)- Gnana Vignana Tantragnana Mela ‑2020 (JVTM), Adichunchanagiri University, Mandya district (Feb 2020).
- Best Poster award — 31st Annual Materials symposium (2018).
- Best metallography picture award — SEM in the 28th Annual student symposium (2015).
- Best metallography picture award-AFM in the 28th Annual student symposium (2014).
- Research Fellowship for Doctoral Research, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD).
- Qualified GATE 2009 with 98.2 percentile.
- Summer Research Fellowship conducted by Indian Academy of Science, Bangalore, 2008
Life Member - Indian Pharmaceutical Association (IPA)
Life Member - Association of Pharmacy Teachers of India (APTI)
Life Member - Karnataka State Pharmacy Council (KSPC)
Life Member - InPharm Association