As an Assistant Professor, Dr Manjunatha S O is a member of the Department of Physics at RUAS since 2016. Besides advising postgraduate students, he also teaches various modules at the university. In particular, he has taught modules on Physics for the Bachelor of Design program, Engineering Physics, Classical Mechanics, Semiconductor devices, Solid State Physics, Experimental techniques in solid state physics, Instrumentation and measurement techniques, NI LabVIEW and NI Multisim.
He studied for his PhD degree at Manipal University, Manipal (2011 – 2016). His thesis was titled: Mixed exchange interaction: A structural, electrical, magneto transport, magnetic and thermal studies of doped manganites.
Manipal University, Manipal, Karnataka, India.
Davanagere University, Karnataka, India
Sahyadri Science College (Autonomous), Kuvempu University, Karnataka, India.
Total years of Experience :
Academic Experience :
- Assistant Professor in Dept. of Physics — Vijaya College for PG studies, Bangalore — 6 Months (August 2015 — January 2016)
- Assistant Professor in Dept. of Physics — Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences — 4 years (January 2016 — Till date)
Perovskite manganites for spintronic and magnetic refrigeration, Selenide and Telluride based thermoelectric materials for green energy applications, Supercapacitors. Magneto-transport, Magnetic, Magneto-caloric and Thermal
properties of Manganites (Bulk, Nano and their composites) for spintronic and magnetic refrigeration application
Bulk, Nano and composites of Magnetic materials: synthesis, characterization and analysis, Magneto-transport, Magnetic, Magneto-caloric and Thermal properties of Manganites (Bulk, Nano and their composites) for spintronic and magnetic refrigeration applications. Selenide and Telluride based thermoelectric materials for green energy applications.
- Experimental Condensed M
- green energy
- Synthesis of nanomaterials
International Journal Papers : 09
- S.O. Manjunatha, Ashok Rao, T.-Y. Lin, C.-M. Chang, Y.-K. Kuo, “Effect of Ba substitution on structural, electrical and thermal properties of La0.65Ca0.35- xBaxMnO3 (0 ≤ x ≤ 0.25) manganites”, Journal of Alloys and Compounds 619 (2015) 303. (IF- 3.779)
- S.O. Manjunatha, Ashok Rao, Subhashini, G.S. Okram, “Investigation on structural, magneto-transport, magnetic and thermal properties of La0.8BaxCa0.2‑xMnO3 (0 ≤ x ≤ 0.2) manganites”, Journal of Alloys and Compounds 640 (2015) 154 – 161. (IF- 3.779)
- S.O. Manjunatha, Ashok Rao, Tarachand, G.S. Okram, “Studies on Magnetoresistance and thermoelectric power properties of Cr substituted La0.65Ca0.35Mn1-xCrxO3(0≤x≤0.07) manganites”, Physica B 475 (2015) 1 – 9. (IF1.453)
- S.O. Manjunatha, Ashok Rao, V.P.S Awana, G.S. Okram, “Investigation on magnetic, electrical and thermoelectric power properties of Bi-substituted lanthanum calcium manganites.”, Journal of Magnetism and Magnetic Materials 394 (2015) 130 – 137. (IF‑3.046)
- Mamatha D Daivajna, Neeraj Kumar, V.P.S. Awana, Bhasker Gahtori, J. Benedict Christopher, S.O. Manjunatha, K.Z. Syu, Y.K. Kuo, Ashok Rao, “Electrical, Magneitc and Thermal properties of Pr0.6‑xBixSr0.4MnO3 Manganites”, Journal of Alloys and Compounds 588 (2014) 406 – 412. (IF3.779)
- S. O. Manjunatha, Ashok Rao, P.D. Babu, Tarachand, G.S. Okram, “Magnetic, Magneto-transport and thermo-electric properties of Cr substituted La0.8Ca0.2Mn1-xCrxMnO3”, Solid State Communications 239 (2016) 37 – 43. (IF — 1.9)
- S.O. Manjunatha, Ashok Rao, W. J. Lin, Y.-K. Kuo, “Magnetic in-homogeneity and Griffiths phase in Bi substituted La0.65-xBixCa0.35MnO3 manganites”, Physica B 498 (2016) 82 – 91. (IF‑1.453)
- Ashok Rao, S. O. Manjunatha, Ramesh Chandra Bhatt, V. P. S. Awana, C. F. Lin, and Y. K. Kuo “Thermal properties of Pr2/3Sr1/3MnO3:PdO composites” Solid State Communications 265 (2017) 37 – 40. (IF — 1.9)
- R.C. Bhatt, S.O. Manjunatha, Ashok Rao, Riya Thomas, V.P.S. Awana, C.F. Lin, Y. K. Kuo, “Thermal properties of La0.7Ca0.2Sr0.1MnO3:PdO composites”, Physica B 550 (2018) 117 – 121. (IF‑1.453)
Workshops, International and National Conference Papers: 7
- S.O. Manjuantha, Ashok Rao “Investigation on the presence of Griffiths like phase in LCMO manganites”, CMPA — 2012, MIT, Manipal, 19 – 20th, October, 2012.
- S.O. Manjuantha, Ashok Rao “Studies on magnetic inhomogeneity in Barium substituted LCMO manganites”, CMPA — 2013, MIT, Manipal, 13 – 14th, October, 2013.
- S.O. Manjuantha, Ashok Rao “Structural and morphological studies of barium doped La0.65Ca0.35-xBaxMnO3 ceramic perovskites”, IUMRS-ICA — 2013, IISc Bangalore, 16 – 21st, December, 2013.
- S.O. Manjuantha, Ashok Rao, “Influence of grain size on the electrical and mechanical properties of La0.65Ca0.35-xBaxMnO3 Manganites”, ICAFM — 2014, NIIST Trivendrum, 19 – 21st, February, 2014.
- S.O. Manjunatha, “Three dimensional structure (DRUG) determination using X‑ray crystallography”, CAMP, Manipal University, 26 February, 2013.
- S.O. Manjunatha, “Thematic workshop on physics of phase transitions”, UGC-DAE Consortium for Scientific Research, Indore, 24 – 25 October, 2013.
- S.O. Manjunatha, “Manipal Research Colloquium-2015”, Manipal University, 6 – 8 April, 2015.
- Manipal University Structural Ph.D Award to pursue Ph.D.