Dr. Dhrubojyoti Mukherjee works at the Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, RUAS as an Assistant Professor. A Ph.D. degree holder in Pharmaceutical Sciences, he has nearly 13 years of experience in his chosen area of work. His research interests involve the study of biomaterial and scaffold-based nanocomposite, hydrogel, and film delivery systems for the treatment of chronic diseases. Currently, his research team is investigating new molecular targets for cell and tissue bioengineering by designing biodegradable scaffolds.
He has been on the editorial board for the Conference on Drug Design & Discovery Technologies (2019), Royal Society of Chemistry. He is a certified reviewer for Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy (Taylor and Francis) and several journals including Journal of Microencapsulation, Journal of Wound Care, Journal of Pharmaceutical Research International, Journal of Pharmaceutics and Drug Development, British Journal of Pharmaceutical Research, and Journal of Advances in Medicine and Medical Research. He is a permanent member of the Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India (APTI).
Total Years Of Experience :
12 Years 5 Months.
I currently work at the Department of Pharmaceutics, Faculty of Pharmacy, M. S. Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences. My research domains involve bio-material and scaffold-based nano-composite, hydrogel, and film delivery system for the treatment of chronic diseases. Currently, my, research team is working on the investigation of new molecular targets for cell and tissue bio-engineering by designing biodegradable scaffolds.
Research Interest :
Bio-material and scaffold-based nano-composite, hydrogel, and film delivery system for the treatment of chronic diseases.
Research Expertise :
Nanotechnology; Scaffold and polymer hybrid-based delivery; Osteoporosis; Tissue regeneration.
- K. Mohammed Muzammil, Dhrubojyoti Mukherjee, Mohammad Azamthulla, Banala Venkatesh Teja, Devanand Kaamnoore, Jayaraman Anbu, Bharath Srinivasan & Gargi Jeevan Kasture, Castor oil reinforced polymer hybrids for skin tissue augmentation, International Journal of Polymeric Materials and Polymeric Biomaterials (Taylor & Francis). (2020).https://doi.org/10.1080/009140… Factor- 1.982).
- Dhrubojyoti Mukherjee, Srinivasan B, Anbu J, Azamthulla M, Teja BV, Ramachandra SG, et al., Pamidronate functionalized mucoadhesive compact for treatment of osteoporosis-invitro and in vivo characterization, Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology (Elsevier). 52 (2019) 915 – 926. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jdds… Factor- 2.734).
- Santhosh S, Dhrubojyoti Mukherjee*, J. Anbu, Manikanta Murahari & Venkatesh Teja B. (2019)Improved Treatment Efficacy of Risedronate Functionalized Chitosan Nanoparticles in Osteoporosis: Formulation Development, In Vivo and Molecular Modelling Studies, Journal of Microencapsulation (Taylor & Francis), 6:4 (2019), 338 – 355. https://doi.org/10.1080/02652048.2019.16314011. (Impact Factor- 2.287).
- Dhrubojyoti Mukherjee, Bharath Srinivasan, J. Anbu, Mohammad Azamthulla, Venkatesh Teja Banala & S. G. Ramachandra (2018) Improvement of bone microarchitecture in methylprednisolone induced rat model of osteoporosis by using thiolated chitosan-based risedronate mucoadhesive film, Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy (Taylor & Francis) 44 (11) (2018) 1845 – 1856. https://doi.org/10.1080/03639045.2018.1503297. (Impact Factor- 2.367)
- Dhrubojyoti Mukherjee, Azamthulla M, Santhosh S, Dath G, Ghosh A, Natholia R, et al., Development and characterization of chitosan-based hydrogels as wound dressing materials, Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology (Elsevier). 46 (2018) 498 – 510. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jddst.2018.06.008.
- Mukherjee D, Bharath S, Design and characterization of a double-layered mucoadhesive system containing bisphosphonate derivative, ISRN Pharm.2013(2013)604690. http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2013….7.
- D.J. Mukherjee, S.Bharath, V.Madhavan, Bilayered Mucoadhesive delivery system for extended-release of Bisphosphonates, Journal of Pharma and Bio Sciences.3 (2)(2012) 10.
- Mukherjee D, Bharath S, Design of Lab Model Mechanical Strength Test Instrument for Tensile Strength Determination of Film Formulations, Journal of Dental & Oro-facial Research. 14 (01) (2018) 18 – 22.
- Lodhiya DJ, Mukherjee DJ, Dholakiya RB, Akbari BV, Shiyani BG, Lathiya HN, Gastroretaintive System Of Atenolol Using HPMC K15, International Journal of PharmTech Research. 01 (04) (2009) 1616 – 1620.
- Dhrubojyoti Mukherjee, Srinivasan Bharath, Comparative Evaluation of Risedronate Sodium Mucoadhesive Films Using Different Mucoadhesive Polymers, World Journal of Pharmacy And Pharmaceutical Sciences. 04 (01)(2014) 1231 – 1247.
Selected Conference Presentation
“Nanocomposite hybrid polymeric scaffold for skin tissue engineering”, Devanand Kamnoore, Dhrubojyoti Mukherjee*, Bhagyashree K, Shouvik Kr. Debnath. Conference on drug design and discovery technologies (Royal Society of Chemistry), RUAS, Bangalore, conducted on 21 – 22 November 2019 (oral presentation). 10.1039÷9781839160783−00195.
- “A novel nano-enabled nasal Phyto formulation- a potential brain targeting strategy for neurodegenerative disorders”, Hajira Banu, Dhrubojyoti Mukherjee. Conference on drug design and discovery technologies (Royal Society of Chemistry), RUAS, Bangalore, conducted on 21 – 22 November 2019 (poster presentation). 10.1039÷9781839160783−00178.
- “Evaluation of cardiomyocyte targeted novel nano-formulation of pirfenidone on doxorubicin-induced congestive heart failure in rats”, M.Azamthulla, Dhrubojyoti Mukherjee, J Roy, and C. Ravishankar. Conference on drug design and discovery technologies (Royal Society of Chemistry), RUAS, Bangalore, conducted on 21 – 22 November 2019 (poster presentation). 10.1039÷9781839160783−00212.
- “Risedronate functionalized chitosan nanoparticle for the treatment of ovariectomy cum glucocorticoid-induced osteoporosis in rats”, Devanand Kamnoore, Santhosh. S, Dhrubojyoti Mukherjee*, J. Anbu, Manikanta Murahari, B. Venkatesh Teja. Indian Society for Study of Xenobiotics (SSX) conference, IISc, Bangalore, September 2018.
- “Development of biomaterial-based nanoparticles”, Sachin S. Bhatt, Pinal. S, Rachita. D, Dhrubojyoti Mukherjee. INUP familiarization Workshop on nanofabrication Technologies, IISc, Bangalore, March 2018.
- “Development of compression coated buccal compacts with thiolated polymers for the controlled release of bisphosphonate derivative”, Dhrubojyoti Mukherjee, Srinivasan Bharath, and V. Madhavan. 65th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress, Delhi NCR, December 2013.
- “Delivery of risedronate sodium by two-layered mucoadhesive system”, Dhrubojyoti Mukherjee, Srinivasan Bharath, and V. Madhavan. 64th Indian Pharmaceutical Congress, Chennai, December 2012.
- “Bilayered mucoadhesive delivery system for extended-release of bisphosphonates”, Dhrubojyoti Mukherjee, Srinivasan Bharath, and V. Madhavan. 63rd Indian Pharmaceutical Congress, Bengaluru, December 2011.
- “Formulation of Buccal Patches by Using Chitosan and Modified Chitosan”, B.K.Satish Babu, Dhrubo Jyoti Mukherjee, Deepak Lodhia. International Herbal Conference 2009, Bengaluru, February 2009.
Patent filed :
1. Dhrubojyoti Mukherjee, Kamnoore Devanand Jagannath, Damodar Nayak, and Parsuraman, P. “Nanocomposite Functionalized Polymeric Scaffold for Skin Tissue”, Indian Patent Application: 201941054263, December 27, 2019.
2. Anita Murali, Dhrubojyoti Mukherjee, and Sachin, S. Bhat “Thiolated Scaffold Based 5‑Fluorouracil Loaded Nanoparticles”, Indian Patent Application: 201741046743, December 27, 2017.
3. Bharath, S. and Dhrubojyoti Mukherjee “Compression Coated Muco-adhesive Pamidronate Disodium Buccal Compacts for Improving Bone Microarchitecture”, Indian Patent Application: 201741046749, December 27, 2017.
4. S. Mahantesha, Yashi Priya, R. Deveswaran, S. Ashwini, Swatika Kumari, Dhrubojyoti Mukherjee, K. Kranti, Pragya and K. Shwetha “A Dental Care Kit with Tooth Brush Sanitizer”, Indian Patent Application: 201641043587, December 21, 2016.
5. S. Bharath and Dhrubojyoti Mukherjee “Controlled Release Bisphosphonate Loaded Mucoadhesive Delivery System for Osteoporosis”, Indian Patent Application: 6875/CHE/2015, December 23, 2015.
- Editorial board member for Conference on Drug Design & Discovery Technologies-2019, Royal Society of Chemistry.
- Certified reviewer for Drug Development and Industrial Pharmacy (Taylor and Francis).
- Journal of Microencapsulation (Taylor and Francis).
- Journal of Wound Care (WOS).
- Journal of Pharmaceutical Research International (WOS)
- Journal of Pharmaceutics and Drug Development (WOS).
- British Journal of Pharmaceutical Research and Journal of Advances in Medicine and Medical Research. (https://publons.com/researcher/1281285/dhrubojyoti-mukherjee/).
Permanent member of Association of Pharmaceutical Teachers of India (APTI) with registration number: KA/LM-961.