Workshops on “Career Development & Personality Grooming Program” by Gillette India Pvt. Ltd.
Directorate of Student Affairs – Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences Bangalore organised a Workshop on Career Development & Personality Grooming Program” by Gillette India Pvt. Ltd for students of Faculty of Management and Commerce. Ms. Juliet from Gillette India Bangalore conducted the session.
A total 146 students participated in the workshop. Ms. Juliet stressed on the importance of “Career and Personality Grooming, Body Language and Understanding of Basic Psychology, Positive Mannerism and Dress Code and Tips on Interview Handling Skills”.
The students gained knowledge on ‘How to develop a smart & confident personality’ through a series of activities. A preliminary job test for final year MBA students was conducted. The topper of this test will be given an internship opportunity and will be invited to participate in the Grand Finale.
After the workshop, the male students were given the option of visiting a kiosk set up in institute premises, where the team from Gillette demonstrated practical grooming techniques like shaving and hair styling. All the students who attended in the workshop were given a participation certificate by Gillette.
Workshops on Career Guidance by TIME Institute Bangalore
Directorate of Student Affairs – Ramaiah University of Applied Sciences, Bangalore organised a Workshop on Career Guidance for students of Faculty of Management and Commerce. Mr. Surjith V. G- General Manager T.I.M.E Bangalore and Ms. Vijay Lakshmi – Trainer T.I.M.E Bangalore conducted the session. A total of 77 students participated in the workshop. Mr. Surjith explained how to choose a career, what steps are the involved in it while Ms. Vijay Lakshmi explained regarding the effectiveness of communication. The workshop was quite insightful and inspiring. The session was followed by an interaction with the students.
- MBA students attended placement drive at “No Broker Technologies Pvt Ltd, a Bangalore based real estate search portal, on Thursday 16 May 2019
- Lutron Electronics conducted campus placement drive on Saturday 11 th May 2019 for B.Tech. (EEE &ECE) branch students. Aptitude and Technical tests were conducted. Students who clear these two rounds will have face to face interview for the final selection
- Students from B Tech and MBA attended pool campus drive organized by VTU and conducted by Amazon on Tuesday 14 th May 2019
- MBA students attended placement drive in Nilkamal Limited on 9th May 2019
- MBA students attended placement drive in Vedantu Online Tutorial on Monday 6th May 2019 for the position of Marketing Executives
- Dynapac conducted campus placement drive on Tuesday 30th April 2019 for final year B. Tech. Mechanical brach students
Workshop for B.Tech. students
RUAS organized a workshop in association with Byju’s for the benefit of 3 rd year engineering students on Friday 12 th April 2019 in Peenya Campus. The workshop was subdivided into categories like
- Math workshop in which patented techniques to crack math problems was covered around the concepts viz. Geometry, Ratios, Algebra, and Successive Percentage. They were taught un-conventional techniques which will help them solve the questions in less than 2 minutes and also placement related questions was experimented
- English workshop to solve English questions in a mathematical way by reading only 20% of the reading comprehension and answering the entire question
- CV workshop to review resumes and commonly committed mistakes. They were also briefed on how to write resumes when applying for a job and when applying for higher education
- Profile building workshop to give information about the courses/ activities the students need to do to build their profile strong
- Case study to discuss on how students can strategically plan their career and how to avoid common mistakes. For example when planning for technical career the CV building will be different from when planning for management career
- Higher education options in unique and highly specialized programs for Technical, Managerial & Techno-managerial programs
- One to one CV analysis where student’s resume/CV was individually reviewed and a profile gap analysis was done by trained experts. This helps the student to identify the gaps/problems in their profile and what is the timeline that they can plan to achieve their target career
- Indian and international education opportunity regarding GRE/ CAT/ GMAT/UPSC/ GATE possibility of getting the seats. Details about abroad universities, funding options, profile building, part-time jobs etc.