MA in Public Policy
About the program
Master of Arts in Public Policy (MA in Public Policy) is a field of study that focus on public affairs with a shared interest in making public institutions work. Governance understands and explains the institutional, legal and procedural attributes of how state authority is exercised. Public Policy studies executive decisions and processes evaluates outcomes that aim to achieve collective purposes and provides solutions to problems.
The Master of Arts in Public Policy will prepare students to become critical and analytical thinkers who can develop effective and equitable solutions to public policy and governance challenges. The programme will help students learn about the ideas, mechanisms and practices of public policy as well as the nature, quality and legitimacy of the institutions and practices of governance.
Two-year full-time program
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in any discipline from a recognized University with at least 50 percent marks in aggregate or equivalent CGPA.
List of courses
- Political Science: Nature and Significance
- Law and Legal Systems: Concepts and approaches
- Introduction to Economics
- Introduction to Public Policy
- Public Policy Meta-Analysis
- Public Finance and Public Policy: Key concepts and theories
- Urban Governance and Policy
- Sociology: Nature and Significance
- Research Methods and Methodology
- Research writing
- Data Analytics for Public Policy
- Higher Education: Policies, Organization and Leadership
- Space Law and Policy
- Foreign Policy Analysis: Concepts, Theories and Models
- Waste Management and Policy in India
- Writing Policy Brief
- Gender, Policy and Inequalities
- Public Health Policies and Systems
- Science and Technology Policy
- Environment and Development Policy
- Rural Development and Panchayat Raj Institutions
- Evidence in Public Policy
Members of the Board of Studies
- Professor Vinod Vyasulu, Former Professor and Vice Dean (Academic Affairs), Jindal School of Governance and Public Policy, Sonipat, Haryana, India.
- Professor M J Vinod, Former Professor and Dean, Department of Political Science, Bangalore University, India.
- Dr Shivali Tukdeo, Associate Professor, National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS), Indian Institute of Science campus, Bengaluru, India.
- Mr Sridhar Pabbisetty, Former Chief Operating Officer (COO), Centre for Public Policy, Indian Institute of Management, Bangalore.
- Dr Meera Nair, Head-Research, Public Affairs Centre, Bengaluru, India.
- Mr Manak Singhi, Indian Economic Service (Rtd.), Government of India.
- Dr Arkalgud Ramaprasad, Professor Emeritus, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA.
- Dr Chetan Singai, Ph.D., National Institute of Advanced Studies (NIAS), IISc campus and
former faculty at the National Law School of India University, Bengaluru, India
- Dr Krishnamurthy Jayanna, former Senior Technical Advisor, Centre for global Public Health, University of Manitoba, Canada.
- Dr Prashant Desai, former faculty at the National Law School of India University, Bengaluru, India
- Dr Susana Mitra, Ph.D., University of Manchester, UK
- Dr Shwetmala Kashyap, Ph.D., Indian Institute of Science (IISc.), Bengaluru, India
- Dr Anupama Sanjeev, Former Assistant Dean (Student Affair), Presidency University,
WHY STUDY AT RAMAIAH UNIVERSITY OF APPLIED SCIENCES?
- On-campus state-of-the-art civil service (UPSC) academy with special provision for students enrolled in MA in Public Policy (2020-2022) at RUAS
- Hostel accommodations for students at a reasonable price » Enriched academic eco-system
provide inter-disciplinary perspectives and opportunities to engage for students of social sciences.
- Highly ranked for its innovation by QS IGAUGE, NIRF & KSURF » The campus is in the
neighbourhood of premier institutions like ISRO, IISc, RRI, CIPR, NIAS and so on, which
provides students with ample opportunities to engage in academic and non-academic
programs of these institutions
- Collaboration with foreign universities for exchange programs (University of Illinois System, USA, International medical school)
- Memorandum of Understanding for teaching, research and service with premier universities in the US, Europe and Russia.
- The campus located in the heart of the City (It is a boon to students keen on attending
seminars, conferences, and cultural events in Bangalore)
Programme Specification - Download
Programme Brochure - Download